SiteSync IQ Wireless Analog Clocks
SiteSync IQ Analog Battery Clocks and AC Clocks have durable cases and highly visible dial styles, providing years of maintenance-free operation.
Please reference the specifications to the right, or call American Time Technical Support at for more information or assistance.
Wireless Analog Clock Troubleshooting
*NEW Feature- Quiet Mode- With Quiet Mode enabled, clocks may not correct until the hours of 12AM-6AM. If clock corrections are needed during the day, Quiet Mode can be disabled by pressing 3-5-7 on the system controller. (Reference Appendix J in the Site Sync IQ Wireless Installation Manual)
If ALL clocks are not synchronizing:
1. Review System Controller troubleshooting. (Reference “Troubleshooting System Controller” section of Site Sync IQ Wireless Installation Manual)
a. A TX symbol will appear in the lower right hand corner of the system controller display every 30 seconds if it is set up properly. However, in Quiet Mode the TX will not appear every 30 seconds.
2. Contact American Time Technical Support at 866-748-3796.
If only SOME clocks are not synchronizing, continue with the trouble shooting steps.
1. If using battery clocks, confirm the battery voltage and polarity:
a. Using a multi-meter, verify the voltage is between 1.45-1.80V at the battery or battery booster dummy battery. Clocks will not function properly below 1.45V.
b. Polarity of the battery or dummy battery after installation.
c. Removable shipping tab is removed from the battery compartment.
2. If using AC clocks, confirm the power for the clocks:
a. Barrel connector at the clock is connected and secure.
b. Green LED is lit on the receiver.
c. Confirm signal by resetting clock at location:
a. Remove battery
b. Reinsert tested (1.45-1.80V) battery, reversing the polarity for 5 seconds.
c. Remove and reinsert the same battery, proper polarity.
d. Watch for LED to flash, will flash red for approximately one minute after power is applied until a valid signal is received. LED will flash green once signal is received.
a. Press and release the reset button on the back of the receiver with power supplied.
b. Watch for LED to flash, will flash red for approximately one minute after power is applied until a valid signal is received. LED will flash green once signal is received.
4. Clocks that Slow Tick - Normal startup, the clock will tick once every 2-3 seconds. Wait 5 minutes for clock to get signal.
5. Out of Signal Range - If the clock has not received a signal within 5 minutes the clock will run to between 2:00-2:30 and run normally. Move clock within a known signal area and re-try, the clock may be too far from the system controller or in an interference area.
6. Hand Obstructions – If hands are touching each other, the dial or the crystal the clock may become off time. (Reference Instruction Sheet 1539 to rehome and reposition clock hands)
7. Hands Physically Moved - Clock hands cannot be physically moved, they are set at the factory to a “Home” position. If the hands are physically rotated, the home position will be off resulting in the time being off. (Reference Instruction Sheet 1539 to rehome and reposition clock hands)
8. Hours Off - Remove the label on the movement and verify the rotary switch is set to MT. Switch must be set to MT no matter what time zone the clock is located.
9. Minutes Off - The clock may have been jarred during shipment or dropped resulting in the hands being a few minutes off. (Reference Instruction Sheet 1539 to rehome and reposition clock hands)
Note: The clock(s) will only attempt to sync to the Site Sync IQ Controller at approximately 2am/pm and 8am/pm as displayed on the clock(s) or after the clock(s) are initially powered up.
If problems cannot be resolved after following these steps, please call Technical Support at American Time at 866-748-3796.
Battery Clock Specifications
- SSIQ Molded Case Battery Clock
- SSIQ Steel Case Battery Clock
- SSIQ Steel Case Battery Weather-Resistant Clock
- SSIQ Aluminum Case Battery Clock
- SSIQ Large Wood Case Clocks